Salted Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies
Is there any combination better than caramel, chocolate, and salt? I say no, but perhaps you disagree–thats okay, more cookies for me! I found this recipe for Salted Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies at over at Mountain Mama Cooks, and made a few minor adjustments. These cookies are pretty tasty! I think that next time I will try to use a chocolate cookie base instead of peanut butter. That will allow to focus to be on the turtle aspect of them.
- 1 ¼ cp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cp peanut butter
- ¼ cp semi-sweet mini morels
- ¼ cp pecan pieces
- 1- 8oz bag of mini Rolo candies
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat over to 350°
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together in small bowl.
- Mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until completely combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Roll into 2 in balls and place on baking sheet 2 in apart.
- Place 2-3 mini Rolos on top of the balls, then gently push down with the bottom of a glass until flattened to ¼ in.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to desired taste.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let set for 2-3 minutes, then move to wire cooling rack.