I haven’t posted on here in a while, but don’t you worry I have a lot of sweets coming up this week!!
To start the week off right, we need to start each day with a healthy breakfast…PEANUT BUTTER+BANANA+OATMEAL muffins–I decided to double the recipe so that The Boyfriend and I could both take some to work, but I ended up with over 36 of these delicious muffins (and I am NOT mad about it).
Because I love my beautiful employees and love to see them smile, I decided to make some whipped nutella/peanut butter frosting to put on top to make them more of a dessert muffin, for those with a sweet tooth (which is practically EVERY person I know, and one of the reasons we are probably friends).
These are great for breakfast or for a tasty sweet snack. Also, super easy to make!!
What you need:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & 3/4 cp brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cp applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cp creamy peanut butter–I used natural peanut butter, which is a little more gooey and it work so well!!
- 6 ripe bananas
- 2 cups milk*
- 2 tbsp white vinegar*
- Tub of Nutella–or however much you want to use
*You can also use buttermilk instead of milk and vinegar…it is just my cheap-o way of avoiding buying buttermilk.
TO CREATE THIS DELICIOUSNESS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners, unless you don’t want to, then make sure to grease the pan!
2. *If you decided to use milk and vinegar instead of buttermilk, pour 2 tbsp of vinegar into a large liquid measuring cup and fill up to 2 cup line with milk. Let this sit for at least 5 minutes before adding.
3. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until well blended.
4. Combine brown sugar, eggs, vanilla,and applesauce in a large bowl.
5. Slowly add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
6. Mash bananas in a small bowl or mash while adding to brown sugar mixture.
7. Add the buttermilk, or buttermilk substitute to the mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
8. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes. Don’t forget the toothpick method for testing to see if they are thoroughly cooked.
9. Let cool in the muffin pans for about 10 minutes before taking them out.
If you want to make these muffins SUPER delicious, put Nutella and peanut butter into a mixing bowl and whip on high for 5 minutes, or until lighter and fluffier.
SO GOOD! Enjoy!!