Hi party people!!
I found mint/dark chocolate chips at the store the other day and had to buy them. I decided to make chocolate mint chocolate chip cookies!! They ended up being soooo good! They almost taste like Andes Mints, and who doesn’t love those?!
The mint chips came in a package by Tollhouse with mint and dark chocolate chips combined. I just used almost an entire package for this recipe.
For these you will need:
- 2/3 cup of crisco shortening
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups Nestle Tollhouse Mint/Dark Chocolate Chips
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling on top
- Red sprinkles for festiveness
To make these delicious after dinner mint cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 375, and lay foil sheets down on the counter to cool the cookies on after they are out of the oven.
2. Cream together the crisco, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs on medium speed until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda and mix completely.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.
6. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove and place on foil to continue cooling/baking a little longer.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sprinkles.