The boyfriend and I made dinner last night and decided to try something new..SALMON STIR-FRY! We love just experimenting with flavors and hope they work out. Last night was the best dinner we have EVER made and it was super duper easy.
Until the last couple of years of living alone, I never realized just how easy it is to make delicious meals. I know some of my friends still are blown away by the things we make, but they really are SO easy. I hope that these recipes help them discover their own delicious meals. All dinners I make and post should be adapted to suit what you have in your kitchen, and what flavors you like. I just hope my friends use it as a reference for how easy it really can be to make amazing meals.
To make this you will need:
- 2 salmon fillets (with the skin on preferably)
- lots of veggies (we used zucchini, squash, carrots, and red & green bell peppers)
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Seasoning
- 2 packages of curry paste–choose whatever your favorite is!
- 1-2 cup yogurt (depending on how you want the consistency of the curry)
For the marinade:
1. Lightly beat the eggs into a large bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce, cayenne pepper, and honey. Then, mix until well combined.
3. Clean the salmon fillets, but leave the skin on, gently score with a knife on both sides.
4. Marinade for 1-2 hours–flipping if needed.
For the rest of the meal:
1. Boil your rice–make as much as you need, we made 3-4 servings (we LOVE leftovers).
2. In a large skillet coat with olive oil, then start cooking veggies on medium low heat.
3. Put a skillet large enough for the salmon fillets on the stove and turn up to medium and allow to heat up for a few minutes, then spray non stick cooking spray, and place the fillets on it.
4. Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want them to be white on the outside, but still pink in the middle (but not super shiny). When finished they will peel away from the skin easily–just dispose of it after that.
5. While salmon is cooking, combine curry paste and yogurt in a medium bowl.
6. Add the steamed rice and curry mixture to the veggies, also add soy sauce to desired flavor (we used about 2 tbsp).
7. Fill your plate with the rice/veggies, then top with a salmon fillet.